Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It Is My Right!

    It is my right as a human and citizen of this country to be entitled to proper medical care.  If a person is not provided with proper care as a result of some inequitable treatment of a doctor, action should be taken as a person's health is of utmost importance.
    Many people, even some whom you may think are so knowledgeable don't seem to understand what negligence is about.  They only know how to make comments that' this is a strong word and shouldn't be used simply'.
    WELL I'M NOT SO DUMB!  If I didn't know the meaning, then i wouldn't have used the word int he first place. 
    What I understand of negligence is from a legal perspective.  It is where one party owes a duty of care to another party but fails to perform that duty.  As a result, the victim (in most cases the plaintiff) suffers either physical, emotional, psychological or financial loss.  In the course of event, the plaintiff has made some sort of monetary payment, known as a form of consideration, to the other party for a service or item.
    I'm not a law major but was lucky enough to have had to study some law in the past.  Perhaps where a person is brought up really affects their personality as well.  I just can't sit back and do nothing when I know that I am being robbed of my rights.  So I voiced my dissatisfaction, contemplating legal action against those who have caused me grievious hurt and pain.  This isnt considered as being mean or cold hearted.  It is my right!
    But as you know, in Malaysia, people always try their best to cover their asses.  The thing is I was aware of how to counter the comments made.  All this would have caused plain embarrassment to the other party in court.  I mean what idiot would get a third party to give a recorded opinion whereby it can be heard in the back ground that there are people telling that 'third party' what to say! 
    Medical cases can be very controversial.  How to avoid all this is by being transparent and be willing to humble oneself to discuss witht he patient.  Too much arrogane and pride gets a person no where.  I hope people will learn from their mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. You have the right to voice your opinion in regards to your health care dissatisfaction.
    In medicine, there is no 100% accuracy of diagnosis of a symptoms. Hiring a lawyer for improper care is not the best way. However, if there is/are evidence(s) that proves of negligence, then you can probably consider a case against the doctor. For example, if the doctor suppose to give you x medicine, but gave you y medicine, then it is a negligence. A doctor should advice you with proper medical procedure and the treatment, and if it is not properly explain, then it may be negligence. I dont know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the GH dr is definitely negligent. That's why she's so scared she's lose her post and is busy trying to prove that I'm mentally disturbed so my complaints are void.

    ReplyDelete